dbms_backup_restore

From: rjamya <rjamya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 16:31:50 -0400

There are few (ok one) solutions to use dbms_backup_restore.searchfiles() to generate list of available files in a given directory. However, this doesn't work consistently, (10203 on Solaris 8 and Solaris 10). The procedure executes successfully always and when you select from associated x$ view, only then you know if it actually populated data or not. I do know it is not a supported behavior, but has anyone been able to make it work consistently?

Currently i have used code demonstrated by Jared to generate a list but still would like to explore non-java option. (cron based ' ls -l > dirlist.txt ' etc options are not really usable for me.)

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Raj

--