Re: Use of iSCSI in domU on Oracle VM 2.1.5

From: Matthew Zito <mzito_at_gridapp.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 15:11:19 -0700

Martin,

The kernel panic is the most useful info, as that'll show us which kernel function is crashing the instance.

You shouldn't need to tune the scsi subsystem, it should just work.

I don't doubt that the openfiler config is correct - what I was suggesting is to set up iscsi on the openfiler box but not export/ expose/present (I don't remember the openfiler terminology) any luns. The idea was to see whether the panic was being generated by the act of creating the iscsi session or shortly thereafter, or if it was the act of attaching to the luns. More likely to be the latter, but hey, troubleshooting is troubleshooting.

I did find a xen bug having to do with iscsi initiatiors seeing multiple luns and panicking, so if you are exposing multiple luns, you might try dialing it down to 1.

Thanks,
Matt