Re: unique constraint (%s.%s) violated

From: Harel Safra <>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 11:59:51 +0300

Check if there are unique indexes defined on the table, it'll result in the same error but you won't have an explicit constraint.

Harel Safra

Krishan Gupta wrote:

Hi list,

Today while trying to insert a row into a table (have 500000 rows approx) I got the following error :-

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-00001: unique constraint (%s.%s) violated

I am using Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release - 64bit.

I am not violating any constraint while inserting this row.

Any idea about why I am getting this and How to resolve this error ?

Thanks in Advance