Re: cross node restore

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 10:23:31 -0700

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_oneneck.com>wrote:

> Not sure off the top of my head, but I think the auxiliary channel is to be
> used only for the DUPLICATE command, not the RESTORE command.
>
> I think what you want to do is just allocate the one channel for sbt_tape,
> spoof your source hostname if you need to (send
> 'NB_ORA_CLIENT=source_db_host', or something like that), and then run the
> restore.

If restoring files to a different database, or more accurately, a database with a different DBID, you will need to use the SET DBID command.

> If you're running Netbackup, your Netbackup admin may also need to do some
> setup on their side to allow cross-host restores (aka cross node or
> alternate node restores)

Re Netbackup: This is the 'altnames' setup, which differs a bit in how it is setup
in Windows and Linux IIRC.

IAC, just look up altnames.

HTH Jared

PS. TMA: How many TLA's can you get in an email. :)