OPatch question

From: Lyall Barbour <lyallbarbour_at_sanfranmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 11:03:56 -0500

Hey everyone,

  So, i'm trying to install the CPU July patch on a Oracle Home for Grid.  It said to install OPatch version or higher, so i download p688... whatever patch from Metalink.  When i try to use the OPatch from my patch directory (opatch napply) i get this:

Invoking utility "napply"
Failed to load the patch object.  Possible causes are:
  The specified path is not an interim Patch shiphome
  Meta-data files are missing from the patch area
  Patch location = /home/oracle/patch/OPatch/docs
  Details = PatchObject constructor: Input file "/home/oracle/patch/OPatch/docs/etc/config/actions" or "/home/oracle/patch/OPatch/docs/etc/config/inventory" does not exist.
NApply could not load patch from location '/home/oracle/patch/OPatch/docs' UtilSession failed: PatchObject constructor: Input file "/home/oracle/patch/OPatch/docs/etc/config/actions" or "/home/oracle/patch/OPatch/docs/etc/config/inventory" does not exist. OPatch failed with error code 73

I've been looking through the 'net and Metalink all morning... I thought i found something on Metalink about "corrupted" patch when you download it, so re-download, but i got the same error... This is on Unbreakable Linux server, Oracle OMS home and Agent home DB home.

TIA, Lyall

How Strong is Your Score?
Click here to see yours for $0!
By FreeCreditReport.com