RE: RAC - mix Intel and AMD in same cluster ?

From: Matthew Zito <mzito_at_gridapp.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 17:40:00 -0400

I wouldn't know for sure if Oracle support had given us flack - but I probably would have heard the derisive laughter from the development side of the office if they had. I think the more likely scenario that *could* land you in trouble is if the chipset/driver differences between the two hardware architectures required a slightly different kernel version between the two types of boxes, Oracle support could gripe about that.

But to be honest, in either situation, they'd have to notice first, and for example, RAC is explicitly not supported on VMWare and we're well north of 100 clusters running on VMWare, and Oracle has never noticed/cared when supporting us.

Thanks,
Matt

RH
> > Linux 4 with AMD Opteron 3 ghz dual core cpu's. It is being
> considered
> > to add a 4th node but with Intel CPU since the servers we used ( HP
DL