Re: Can NOT startup database and got error ORA-27300, 27301 and 27302

From: Tony van Lingen <tony_vanlingen_at_technologyonecorp.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 11:08:42 +1000

The install guide typically assumes that your server runs only one instance of Oracle and absolutely nothing else - these figures are a minimum and for guidance only.

Things to try would be (assuming that you were able to run a database with the same memory requirements before):

  • check memory usage. Semaphores use RAM, if RAM is exhausted, increasing semaphores won't help (file cache should shrink dynamically - disregard it)
  • increase the second and fourth parameter (semmns and semmni) for kernel.sem
  • check the messages log and dmesg - there may be another underlying OS problem

Cheers
Tony