SQL Profile

From: Karl Arao <karlarao_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 19:10:49 +0800

We have this SQL with a good SQL profile.. then suddenly something changed on the optimizer and the good profile was not used anymore on its next execution.
I know we could have made it permanent using an outline on the profile but we were too late.

Question:

  1. Can I force the SQL to use the old SQL profile or SQL profile's plan? I don't see on the DBMS_SQLTUNE any option to use the old profile or plan.
  2. If I have a backup of the profile from a table using DBMS_SQLTUNE.CREATE_STGTAB_SQLPROF and DBMS_SQLTUNE.PACK_STGTAB_SQLPROF and apply it again using DBMS_SQLTUNE.UNPACK_STGTAB_SQLPROF. Is there a way to use the good old plan of that profile?