RE: flashback a physical standby database

From: Martin Brown <martinfbrown_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 15:22:16 -0400

I've been looking at this note and thinking it's a possible solution for some of my testing requirements. But, I have a question... is a very important step missing from this document? What about "alter database flashback on;"? Or is it not required for the standby?

From: piontekdd_at_gmail.com
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 13:47:44 -0500
Subject: Re: flashback a physical standby database To: stmontgo_at_gmail.com
CC: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Absolutely. I use this in 10gR2 to allow apps to verify the standby database and do updates,and then flashback the database so i don't have to rebuild the standby. Works awesome. Check out How To Open Physical Standby For Read Write Testing and Flashback (805438.1) on Metalink for detailed steps. Bradd Piontek
  "Next to doing a good job yourself,

        the greatest joy is in having someone
        else do a first-class job under your
        direction."
  • William Feather

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 1:38 PM, steve montgomerie <stmontgo_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Can I flashback a physical standby?

Scenario is this..
opps update on table last friday.
Can't flashback the table ...snaphsot too old

I was thinking that I might be able to open the standby , flashback, get the data , flash forward, resume recovery

Or do I do TSPITR with RMAN on auxillary instance.

We are ...
10.2.0.4. RAC as primary with no rac on single instance physical standby OEL 4.5

NEW mobile Hotmail. Optimized for YOUR phone. Click here. http://windowslive.com/Mobile?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_CS_MB_new_hotmail_072009