Re: Flash-only Metalink

From: Subodh Deshpande <subodh_deshpande_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 02:55:20 -0700 (PDT)

:)

________________________________
From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger_at_gmail.com>
To: wbfergus_at_gmail.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Sent: Tuesday, 21 July, 2009 0:15:04
Subject: Re: Flash-only Metalink

That leads nearly directly to a probably strategy:
MetaLink was introduced to reduce the cost for customer support by bringing the customers from phone calls (whit expensive human beings) to online self-service.

So if all who disagrees with Flash for some reasons open their SRs by phone from now on (or from the day, when classic ML will be closed down), all these mid-level managers will have a poor day telling Larry why the numbers of SR reduced, but the cost for employees increased (or the response-statiscics exploded).

Money is the thig which runs oracle inc., not satisfaction or quality. So make it to expensive.

my .02€
Martin