Re: Oracle Enterprise Manager webconsole does not work on netscape on my test 9i RAC

From: sundar mahadevan <sundarmahadevan82_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 14:38:48 -0400

As far I understand from this link:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/html/A95410_01/ch2.htm there no limitations for RAC to be connected only to OMS.

Excerpt below:
Beginning with Release 9.0 when you launch the Enterprise Manager Console or various other Enterprise Manager applications, you are prompted to choose between launching the product standalone (i.e. not connecting to the middle tier Management Server) or logging into a Management Server.

Launching the Console standalone allows a single administrator to perform simple database schema, instance, storage, security, and other database tasks by connecting directly to the target database(s).

Launching standalone does not require a middle tier Management Server or Intelligent Agents on target machines.

I would like the experts to let me know, the correct URL for OEM. is it with or without the domain name and what is the port number. Is it a specific port number like 1158 or 5500 or 3339 dedicated to OEM or the my listener port number 1521 ?