Re: Pricing Increases

From: bao jiejie <baojiejie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 09:55:26 +0800

why you think this? always a company keep a total package of budget of IT or database one , so if the oracle price is up, other cost should be down. .

Some companies just laid off their dba on site and outsource their DBA works to India. A lot of big company do that for several years... companies do not care if you use a gui tool or not, they only concern a "number" finally.

anyway, I hope all DBAs keep their positions and do not need to work in Bombay in the end.

Of course , I pay full respect to those Indian great DBAs, they also have good DBA skills.

Thanks a lot.

2009/7/18 KRIUSHIN, Andrey <Andrey.Kriushin_at_rdtex.ru>

> Hi,
>
> on an optimistic (and rather joking one as well) note:
>
> I always thought, that there are some smart guys in Oracle Corp. who
> take care
> of securing DBA and technical consultant's jobs (especially during
> recessions and alike).
>
> Just think of it - the relative expenses for keeping the good DBA (who
> can carry out his
> duties without those "automated &| GUI tools") is now lowered by 40%!
>
> Well, that is a new move. Previously their strategy was just in
> keeping/introducing
> enough bugs and other rabbush. Of course the money argument is stronger :-)
>

> --Andrey
>
> kyle Hailey wrote:
> > Maybe this is of interest more to the procurement departments and not
> DBAs,
> > but I find it intriguing to hear Oracle is increasing the performance
> pack
> > pricing from $3000 to $5000 per CPU especially in this economy:
> > Kyle Hailey
> > http://oraclemonitor.com

Best regards,
Yours sincerely House