RE: SQL trace for connections coming in for a database service

From: D'Hooge Freek <>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 17:15:26 +0200

With dbms_monitor this is very simple to do.

Following example will enable tracing with waits and bind information for all sessions connecting with a specific service_name:

exec dbms_monitor.serv_mod_act_trace_enable(service_name => 'service_name', waits => TRUE, binds => true);

to disable tracing: dbms_monitor.serv_mod_act_trace_disable(service_name => 'service_name');

Freek D'Hooge
Oracle Database Administrator
tel +32(0)3 451 23 82