Re: rac vs dataguard

From: Joerg Jost <joerg.jost_at_unitrade.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 12:31:31 +0200

Am Freitag, den 17.07.2009, 11:06 +0100 schrieb Niall Litchfield:

> And of course a standby database is available in se as well. There is
> a license implication, but not to the same cost as buying ee.
>
> On 7/17/09, D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be> wrote:
> > Rac is only available on standard edition with a special use licensing
> > (which limits for instance the number of cpu's available in the cluster)

Hi,

Freek, the limits for RAC are normally no problem for our customers because you can build a 2 Node
Cluster with a total of 4 CPU's. This configuration is mostly enough for the needs of our customers.
But of course, you're right with this hint.

But Niall, what Standby except the solution with shell scripts and manually recover is build in the SE?
Maybe i miss something, but as far as i know, you are not allowed to use the Dataguard Feature.

bye

Jörg