Re: rac vs dataguard

From: Kumar Madduri <ksmadduri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 09:17:31 -0700

Even if you add a 3rd node, it would be accessing the same database and if the reporting user requirements are quite opposite to that of online users, there would probably be performance issues. But the otehr side, is you can probably change the init.ora parameters for third instance to match the reporting user requireents. But not sure how much this would help actually in terms of sql tuning. Like Nial pointed it depends on schema design and usage
  • kumar