RE: Undo Usage and Read consistency - ORA-1555

From: Michael McMullen <ganstadba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 13:35:10 -0400

I think it's important to note that you get an ora-1555 error as result of a commit happening in another session/process. It's not your select causing the error, it's just reporting why it can't give a read consistent view of the data. So often (but not always) you have to work on the process that is actually changing the data in order to really resolve the ora-1555 error. Personally, I find the only thing worse than figuring out bind variable peeking problems is figuring out ora-1555 issues.