Re: migrate database 10.1 on HP-UX to 10.2 on AIX
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 04:25:05 -0700 (PDT)
Basically, there are two requirements:
- Upgrade from 10.1 to 10.2 and
- Migrate from one platform to another.
I would have taken the following approach in the mentioned order:
- Migrate to AIX
- Upgrade to 10gR2
In this way, my source database will be intact if (for whatever reason) we have to fallback.
How to Migrate
- Create a mount point on AIX (assuming you have one)
- Using NFS, mount the AIX mount point on HP with read-write access.
- Open the source database (HP) in read-only mode
- Convert all the HP-datafiles in parallel to AIX using RMAN's convert command
- Unplug the AIX shared mount point from HP
- Re-create the controlfile on AIX
- Backup your new database
- On Wed, 6/17/09, Ujang Jaenudin <ujang.jaenudin_at_gmail.com> wrote:
From: Ujang Jaenudin <ujang.jaenudin_at_gmail.com> Subject: Re: migrate database 10.1 on HP-UX to 10.2 on AIX To: "Oracle Discussion List" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Date: Wednesday, June 17, 2009, 12:59 AM
sorry not to mention about datasize, it is about 1TB.
On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Ujang Jaenudin<ujang.jaenudin_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> dear all,
> we are planning to migrate and convert database from hp-ux pa-risc to
> new aix (same big endian).
> finding metalink note, could not point to the statement that "we can
> convert from 10.1 to 10.2 on different platform directly"
> got this statement from oracle docs 10.1 that we can use transportable
> tablespace approach:
> Beginning with Oracle Database 10g, a tablespace can always be
> transported to a database with the same or higher compatibility
> setting, whether the target database is on the same or a different
> does anyone has this kind of experiences?
> any issues will raise during migration and after migration?
> thanks and regards
> ujang | oracle dba | mysql dba
> jakarta - indonesia
-- thanks and regards ujang | oracle dba | mysql dba jakarta - indonesia -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-lReceived on Mon Jul 13 2009 - 06:25:05 CDT