Re: migrate database 10.1 on HP-UX to 10.2 on AIX

From: Asif Momen <asif_oracle_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 04:25:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Basically, there are two requirements:

  1. Upgrade from 10.1 to 10.2 and
  2. Migrate from one platform to another.

I would have taken the following approach in the mentioned order:

  1. Migrate to AIX
  2. Upgrade to 10gR2

In this way, my source database will be intact if (for whatever reason) we have to fallback.

How to Migrate

  1. Create a mount point on AIX (assuming you have one)
  2. Using NFS, mount the AIX mount point on HP with read-write access.
  3. Open the source database (HP) in read-only mode
  4. Convert all the HP-datafiles in parallel to AIX using RMAN's convert command
  5. Unplug the AIX shared mount point from HP
  6. Re-create the controlfile on AIX
  7. Backup your new database

Regards

Asif Momen
http://momendba.blogspot.com

  • On Wed, 6/17/09, Ujang Jaenudin <ujang.jaenudin_at_gmail.com> wrote:

From: Ujang Jaenudin <ujang.jaenudin_at_gmail.com> Subject: Re: migrate database 10.1 on HP-UX to 10.2 on AIX To: "Oracle Discussion List" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Date: Wednesday, June 17, 2009, 12:59 AM

sorry not to mention about datasize, it is about 1TB.

--
thanks and regards
ujang | oracle dba | mysql dba