Re: Flash-only MetaLink :-(

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 09:08:59 -0700 (PDT)

Bill,

That's not equivalent. If I want to restrict to ORA-60 where 60 can be prefixed by 3 or 4 0's, you have to type them literally for a Google search. Search string "+ora +-*60" would additionally include hits that contain "ora" and "60" separately in an article, which drastically increases irrelevant hit count. Of course Google is nice enough to give those articles with "ora" and "60" together higher page ranks.

Yong Huang