RE: Poll - Classic MetaLink vs. My Oracle Support

From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 12:22:29 +0200

if I'm not mistaken, my oracle support is based upon software from a company oracle has bought, not something that oracle have written from the ground up.

So, I'm affraid that all technological consideration have been marked irrelevant to the management decision: "hey, we have bought this company and we will use their software"

regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator
e-mail: freek.dhooge_at_uptime.be
tel. +32 (0)3 451 23 82
http://www.uptime.be
disclaimer

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of David Ballester [ballester.david_at_gmail.com] Sent: 11 July 2009 10:03
To: eddie.awad_at_gmail.com
Cc: rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com; Oracle L Subject: Re: Poll - Classic MetaLink vs. My Oracle Support

2009/7/10 Eddie Awad <eddie.awad_at_gmail.com>

Speaking of ML on iPhones and Blackberries, I created the following Mix idea:

Title: Create an iPhone Application or an iPhone optimized version of My Oracle Support (formerly Metalink)

Why not anything more multiplatform with java ? I want stay up to date with any device. Or If it's only done for iPhone when purchasing an Oracle license, could be fine Oracle sending the CD set and an iPhone too :P

D.