Re: Oracle9i HP-UX PA-RISC to Oracle10g HP-UX Itanium based server

From: ~Jeff~ <jifjif_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 09:57:29 +1200

PA-RISC and Itanium running hp-ux are the same endian-ness, in which case you can treat them as identical platforms Oracle-wise. ie, shutdown, copy over files, startup on Itanium, upgrade to 10g.. it works here :]
bigger databases and smaller maintenance windows may require more thought though... mirror splitting, dataguard switchover, streams etc... HTH -
Jeff