Re: Flash-only MetaLink :-(

From: Robyn <robyn.sands_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 15:45:26 -0400

I received an email stating that Metalink was going away and that I needed to download the proper version of Adobe flash for My Oracle Support. I typically don't put flash on any of my machines, so I replied to the email with this:

---

Received the email about Adobe flash and the last thing I want to

deal with is maintaining Adobe on all the machines I may need to

access support from.

This is just one of many reasons why I use metalink less and less and

less. There's so much junk on the screen and in the search results

that I can find better answers faster with google.

---

They opened an SR within about 30 minutes and someone must have actually actually read it because the title of the SR is 'Using google is better a search than using Flash'

The response was a very nice note saying that they were sorry there were things that I didn't like about the new support tool and that they would escalate my feedback to management. I received updates every day for about 3 days, apologizing that they could not help and asking if there was anything else they could do for me and if not, could they close the SR, please.

Although I doubt management will ever see the thing, it was nice to know that the email actually was seen by a person and it was acted on quickly. I expected it to land in a bit bucket and get purged instantly.

And I'm really glad I didn't use the words I almost used in the email, as it's now readable by everyone in my company with access to the single, company wide CSI.

Robyn

--

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
Douglas Adams

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Jul 09 2009 - 14:45:26 CDT

Original text of this message