RE: Flash-only MetaLink :-(

From: Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 09:47:30 -0400

Flado,

    Yesterday afternoon I was listening to NPR (National Public Radio for those of you not in the US) and it was stated that 90% of the worlds computers run on Microslop. Therefore it follows that way too many people are drinking the Microslop Kool-Aid. I know when I'm at home the only machine running Microslop is this laptop that my employer provides me with. Every thing else is Linux.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
PAREXEL International

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Vladimir Andreev Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2009 9:42 AM
To: Oracle-L Group
Subject: Flash-only MetaLink :-(

List,

Apologies for the rant, but am I the only one with a problem caused by MetaLink's "retirement"?

It turns out My Oracle Support is not supported on (for example) HP-UX B.11.11 (no Flash 9 for HP-UX), and that's what I have to use at work. A strange decision by Oracle, to say the least. What's next - Knowledge Base notes will only be available in Word format, maybe?

Regards,
Flado