Oracle Wallet Install help - Oracle Windows 64 bit - Oracle 9i database.

From: Johnson, William L (TEIS) <"Johnson,>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 10:46:00 -0400

We want to install Oracle Wallet to leverage password controls via OID in our Windows Oracle 9i databases - but we are running into a challenge and (surprise) Oracle has not been real helpful solving our issue. I am wondering if anyone else has run into this issue and found a way around it.

Here is what we have: A windows server with 64 bit technology - Enterprise Edition Oracle 9.2.0.8 - one Oracle Home and 8 Oracle instances running from the same home. If you register the first instance with our central OID instance, everything seems to work fine. But, you can not do the installation for the remaining 7 instances as they all share the same Oracle Home - and the file locations for the Wallet installation can not be "duped" like you can on UNIX by creating separate TNS_ADMIN entries for each database.

Has anyone found a way to get around this issue specifically on Windows with multiple databases using the same Oracle Home? I can't really justify installing 7 more sets of Oracle binaries and chewing up all of the disk required for each Oracle Home. We have created separate folders on a UNIX environment and made manual adjustments to the TNS_ADMIN variable to make it work for UNIX, but no luck on the Windows front yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bill