Re: No to SQL? Anti-database movement gains steam

From: David Ballester <>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 21:06:08 +0200

2009/7/6 Matthew Zito <>

> I think very on-topic, but if you read the article, they modified
> PostgreSQL to be columnar instead of row-based. This holds up with another
> school of thought from folks like Vertica that column-oriented databases are
> the “way to go” to scale to these types of data sizes and ranges. Yet
> another variant on the traditional RDBMS for specific uses. They also
> mentioned that yahoo acquired the technology from a small startup, and then
> adapted it.
> Matt

Yes, that's what I said that they get the postgresql source code and rebuild some part ( for example, major ACID code ) sorry for my english O:D. In anyway where I wanna focus is in the fact that, immo, no enteprise company has developed a solution to meet this hungry services, and each one has developed is own.