Re: Rman fails to backup files after IP change

From: Tony van Lingen <tony_vanlingen_at_technologyonecorp.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 09:38:00 +1000

Thanks Jared,

That was it! The reverse lookup did not work.. Our DNS system is nowadays managed by the Windows Moghuls, who seem to think that reverse lookup records are something alien from another era... That's progress for you!

I added the new IP address to the windows hosts file on the master NB server, which is read first of course, and it works now. Ahead to the next task: convincing some windows people of the need for a PTR record.. :(

Cheers,
Tony