Re: Rolling upgrades and client connection

From: hrishy <>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 05:41:56 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Cheng

I mean a patch that is certified as a rolling upgarde patch that needs to be applied on both the nodes.

From: LS Cheng <>
Subject: Re: Rolling upgrades and client connection To:
Date: Thursday, 2 July, 2009, 10:47 AM

I dont understand very well the question, do you mean apply an one-off as hot patch online?

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 10:53 AM, hrishy <> wrote:

I have a question on rolling upgrades of 2 node RAC databases.
I understand while performing a rolling upgrade i need to stage the patch to a directory and just launch Opatch from that directory and Opatch would roll over the patch to the remote node and apply it there .
My question is what happens to the existing and new user connections as the database is not stopped what happens when the patch is being applied to node 1
a)Users are already connectted to node 1 b) new users connection who are attempting to connect to node 1
regards Hrishy --