Database Service Will Not Stop

From: Nancy Iles <nancy_iles_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 08:24:21 -0500

I have a 6 node RAC cluster on Windows. Last weekend I had a full outage to add a voting disk and when the environment came up, a database service we defined as operagds started on node #2 when it should not have started and sessions are being created on that node for that service.

When I look at the output from crs_stat, I can see that the service is running. However, when I use it says the service is stopped. When I try to stop the service using srvctl, it says it cannot stop it because it is not running.

$ ./srvctl.bat status service -d opera -s operagds
Service operagds is running on instance(s) opera6

operaservice_at_L3OPERAPRODDB2 /cygdrive/d/oracle/1020/crs/bin
$ ./srvctl.bat stop service -d opera -s operagds -i opera2
PRKP-1065 : Service operagds is already stopped on instance opera2.

Has anyone every seen this? Any ideas how to tell the cluster that the service is not running on node #2?

TIA,   Nancy Iles
Omni Hotels

Lauren found her dream laptop. Find the PC that’s right for you. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/choosepc/?ocid=ftp_val_wl_290-- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Sat Jul 04 2009 - 08:24:21 CDT

Original text of this message