Re: Complete recovery

From: Ingrid Voigt <>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 12:10:08 +0200

a complete recovery will restore the state of your database to the current time - after the table deletion.

You need to do tablespace point in time recovery, see the Backup and Recovery Advanced User's Guide.

This is tricky, you might want to do a point in time recovery of your whole database instead.

  • Original-Nachricht --------
    > Datum: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 10:47:54 +0100
    > Von: David Pintor <>
    > Betreff: Complete recovery

> Hi guys,
> ** Oracle 10.2 on Solaris 10 box.
> Someone removed a user table this morning. I have a cold backup from last
> night. I want to restore just the USERS tablespace (where the table was)
> and
> perform a complete recovery. Is that possible? I've tried recovering the
> datafile by stopping the database, copying the datafile manually, and then
> doing a recover database. The recover is complete but my table is still
> missing... what am I doing wrong?
> Thanks for your help.
> David

Jetzt freischalten unter