Re: avoid dynamic SQL

From: Randolf Geist <>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 12:06:59 +0200

A quite comprehensive example of such an eval function in PL/SQL can be found here:

I haven't tested it but I guess it should be sufficient for the simple formulas mentioned here in the thread provided that it works in general.

Oracle related stuff blog:

SQLTools++ for Oracle (Open source Oracle GUI for Windows):

> Instead of constructing the select string every time and running it with
> execute immediate, create a function which:
> 1) takes your expression as a bind variable parameter
> 2) tokenizes this expression into individual pieces
> 3) loops through the tokens and performs appropriate calculation (like CASE
> when token1 = '+' THEN result := result + token2 ... etc)
> 4) once looped through all tokens, return final result
> This all can be done in PL/SQL...
> --
> Tanel Poder

Neu: WEB.DE Doppel-FLAT mit Internet-Flatrate + Telefon-Flatrate für nur 19,99 Euro/mtl.!*