Re: How remove database from catalog if server dies

From: David Barbour <>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 13:41:23 -0400

Get the DBID of the non-existent database from the catalog. Log into the catalog instance as the rman user and 'select db_id from db where db_key in (select db_key from dbinc where db_name= '<SID>');

On any other database server start an RMAN session and connect to the catalog, NOT the target!

RMAN>set dbid nnnnnnnnnnnnn; <-- dbid returned from query above RMAN>unregister database;