Re: Metalink response time

From: Robert Freeman <>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 09:08:36 -0700 (PDT)

What is the severity level of the SR? If it's a 3 or higher, that is why you are getting slow response.

 Robert G. Freeman
Oracle ACE
Oracle Database 11g RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) - ON IT'S WAY SOON! OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide (Sybex) Oracle Database 11g New Features (Oracle Press) Portable DBA: Oracle (Oracle Press)
Oracle Database 10g New Features (Oracle Press) Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) Oracle9i New Features (Oracle Press)
Other various titles out of print now... Blog: The LDS Church is looking for DBA's. You do have to be a Church member in good standing. A lot of kind people write me, concerned I may be breaking the law by saying you have to be a Church member. It's legal I promise! :-)

  • Original Message ---- From: Bill Ferguson <> To: oracle-l-freelists <> Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 10:00:50 AM Subject: Metalink response time

Hi all,

Has anybody filed a SR in the last few days and still waiting around for a response?

I filed one Saturday morning (Denver time), about 7:30 am. Yesterday at 9:30 am (about 50 hours later), it was finally assigned to an analyst, who finally sent me an email early this morning about 2:30 am, simply saying they are looking into it.

The SR seems like it would be a fairly simple one for them. I was going to perform an upgrade from to, but the OUI installer is somehow finding an incompatible previous installation of the Grid Control agent and won't continue, even if I tell it to ignore it.

As I understand it, we have the 8-hour support option, 24/7, whatever that equals (Bronze or Silver?).

This is by far the worst response I've ever received from Oracle support in almost 20 years.