LRM-00109 could not open paramete file '/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/dbs/initoracl1.ora' on 9i rac

From: sundar mahadevan <sundarmahadevan82_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 22:37:35 -0400

Hi Gurus,
I'm setting up a test 9i rac. I was running on spfile at
/var/opt/oracle/orcl/orcl/spfileorcl.ora (shared location for a 2 node
rac) . I also noticed that the show parameters spfile returned
/var/opt/oracle/orcl/orcl/spfileorcl.ora (note it is just
spfileorcl.ora and not spfileorcl1.ora/spfileorcl2.ora. I was setting up transparent application failover when i had problems with local_listener and remote_listener. I had to eventually create pfile from spfile and delete the values related to local_listener and remote_listener. And then i restart the database with respective pfile. pfile were located in
/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/dbs/initorcl1.ora (node1) and
/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/dbs/initorcl2.ora (node2). Database startup
fine with pfiles. And then when i try to create a spfile, it creates 2 spfiles on respective dbs directories that is
/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/dbs/spfileorcl1.ora (node1) and
/opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/dbs/spfileorcl2.ora (node2) . Before the
issue began, the spfile was a single file in
/var/opt/oracle/orcl/orcl/spfileorcl.ora (shared location) . I copy
one of the spfileorcl1.ora and rename it to be spfileorcl.ora and startup the database bouncing back with the above said error. It asks me for both initorcl1.ora and initorcl2.ora. I do not know how to club the two spfiles and create a single spfile. Searched the internet but nothing seems to match my issue. Doono what i'm missing here. Any help is greatly appreciated. Please help.