RE: Expdp a subset of fields from a table

From: Michael McMullen <ganstadba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 14:32:34 -0400

I've always thought that performance and ora-1555 go hand in hand, slow query on changing data, odds are you see ora-1555 but I also get these on my lob tables even when there have been no data changes for hours. Look at delayed block cleanout. You could always trace the session or set an event on ora-1555 to make sure. It could even be an underlying index causing the errors. Most of our data is bulk loaded so we usually do a combination of undo_retention,fts on the data, analyze all data and analyze all indexes to avoid the error. Delayed block cleanouts are supposed to be rare but I run into it all the time.