Java Error

From: Weatherman, John <>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 15:11:16 -0500

Hi all,

We are running Oracle on RH 5.3 with a home brew java app. Recently we have started seeing lots of ORA-17008's appear. Shutting down the app server and rebooting seems to clear the issue, but it comes back after 15 - 30 mins. I can't find anything in the oracle db or listener logs corresponding with the hangups.

Has anyone seen something similar? We have a TAR open, but 17008 is so vague we aren't even sure where to be looking for our problem.

Sorry if this is vague, but it's all I have right now.

John P Weatherman

Sr Oracle DBA Desk: (615) 762-1376

Asurion, Inc                Mobile: (615) 517-2831

Si vis pacem para bellum