RE: Index in SUMDELTA$

From: Robertson Lee - lerobe <Lee.Robertson_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 17:09:19 +0100

Apologies. I don't think I made myself very clear originally.

The table was small (only about 136 rows) and was only 55Mb in size. It was the index that was taking up all the space. We rebuilt this index and it shrunk back to 1Mb from 344Mb.

There was a bug (a few I think) where the table wasn't clearing up its space but I have been told that they were fixed in 10.2.0.3 (which we are at).

Regards

Lee

Author: Cost Based Oracle: Fundamentals

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

  • Original Message ----- From: "Robertson Lee - lerobe" <Lee.Robertson_at_acxiom.com> To: <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Monday, June 22, 2009 1:10 PM Subject: Index in SUMDELTA$

Guys,

Oracle 10gR2
AIX 6   Got alerted that our SYSTEM tablespace was getting full and on checking the space taken up by the objects in there noticed that we have an index (IN_SUMDELTA$) on the table SUMDELTA$, taking up 344Mb of SYSTEM tablespace. The table is only 55Mb.
I don't know too much about this but a quick google showed me that it is tied to materialized views. Not much out there on Google other than that and I don't have access to Metalink at the moment as our SAC has changed and I am awaiting authorization.

I can see that there are a few bugs around about the table not clearing down on refreshes of the MV but nothing with regards to the index. Any advice or links to articles would be much appreciated. I am reluctant to rebuild the index on one of these "SYSTEM" tables.

Cheers
Lee

The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged.

If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please resend this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer system.

Thank You.