Re: Oracle in-built packages

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 19:50:22 -0700 (PDT)

> Does any data dictionary view contain information about all Oracle in-built
> packages? I can see DBA_LIBRARIES shows some of in-built packages but not
> all.

Libraries or packages? They're two different types of objects.

The most reliable way to list all built-in packages (not libraries!) is probably find or create a vanilla database and check dba_objects where object_type='PACKAGE' and owner='SYS'. To find more information about them, read "PL/SQL Packages and Types Reference" in documentation (titled differently in 9i), and supplement with header text in dba_source especially for those undocumented. Note that not all built-in packages are named like DBMS% or UTL%. Sometimes information at http://www.psoug.org/library.html
also helps.

Yong Huang