impdp performance

From: Ram Raman <veeeraman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 13:24:54 -0500

Hi all,

I am trying to import a 280G schema into a blank database with impdp. The process took 10 hours, with index creation taking the most time. It took 5.5 hrs:

SYSADM_at_tst1> select min(created), max(created) , min(timestamp), max(timestamp), min(last_ddl_time), max(last_ddl_time)

  2     from user_objects
  3     where object_type = 'INDEX';

more..
MIN(CREATED)      MAX(CREATED)      MIN(TIMESTAMP)      MAX(TIMESTAMP)
MIN(LAST_DDL_TIME MAX(LAST_DDL_TIME
  • ----------------- 21-JUN-09 03:51am 21-JUN-09 09:26am 2009-06-21:03:51:23 2009-06-21:09:26:20 21-JUN-09 03:51am 21-JUN-09 09:26am

We have about 50,000 indexes in this schema. If I exclude indexes during import and decide to create them later using Nologging and parallel options, do I need to extract the index DDLs for each of the indexes and modify the DDL for each of them or is there any quick way to set it for all indexes. v 10g. I used a parallelism of 8.
Thanks.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Sun Jun 21 2009 - 13:24:54 CDT

Original text of this message