PL/SQL and Bind Variables / Literals

From: Thomas Roach <>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 21:19:09 -0400

Hi Group,

I am looking at options on forcing Oracle to use literals inside of a PL/SQL package. I have a bind variable peeking issue that is causing a cached execution plan that doesn't work well for all scenarios. To get around this (and since the query is executed only a handful of times), I want to force the query to use literals inside of PL/SQL. One option I thought of is to use execute immediate. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or thoughts if there is a better way to do this.