Re: How to make a session active with wait event of 'sql*net message FROM client'?

From: Vladimir Andreev <vandreev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 00:25:47 +0200

Hi,
as far as I know, the v$ views are not guaranteed to be consistent, and wait events change quickly. So my theory is that you've seen (in the real-life situation) the status ACTIVE, but before your query got to the wait event it changed.
So if that's true, you may be able to reproduce it by issuing lots ov very short calls to (along the lines of "select 1 from dual" - each one of these gives you 3 or 4 rapid-fire calls - parse, execute, and one or two fetches, depending on array size) and running your query against V$session (10g and above) repeatedly. Of course, if I'm right, reproducing the situation will give you no useful insight - but you may have your reasons... Cheers!
Flado

On 17/06/2009, Fmhabash <fmhabash_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, am trying to duplicate a real-life situation where a db had several
> sessions with status of active and wait event of sq*net message FROM client.
> So far, am not able to do that. I tried a session with uncommitted DML or
> waiting on a substitution variable, but both show as inactive.
>
> How can this status/event combination be reproduced?

> Thank You.

Sent from my mobile device