From: Bobak, Mark <>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 08:54:38 -0400

Hi Alan,

Take a deep let it out slowly. It's not the end of the world. If you have MetaLink access, see DOC ID 360509.1.

This appears to be a known problem w/ an easy fix.

From: [] On Behalf Of Guillermo Alan Bort Sent: Monday, June 15, 2009 8:15 AM
To: oracle-l-freelists
Subject: Deadlock on CDC_ALTER_CTABLE_BEFORE

After a newbie mistake I get a few errors from the data dictionary (dba_* views not working, synonyms brokent, etc). Obviously the data dictionary is broken. When I try to re-create it using catalog.sql I get these errors:

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-04020: deadlock detected while trying to lock object SYS.CDC_ALTER_CTABLE_BEFORE I opened the database in restricted mode.

Any ideas?

Alan Bort
Oracle Certified Professional