RE: Oracle on Virtual Machines

From: <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 20:21:00 -0400

Thanks, Everyone for your input and its very useful.

Hi Donald, Some of the reasons for the consolidation is for Data Center effectiveness such as Power, Space and Cooling + going green. Analysis is still going on to find different solutions available with pros/cons. ESX 3.5 with multiple VM Hosts for the Windows (SQL, AS) and Linux (Oracle) servers using SAN is one of the options; Blade is also being considered with no Vmware solutions for the Production Servers; Development could sit on VM solution for the Windows but how to handle Oracle on VMWare is another question.

Thanks, Again for the inputs.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Subbiah, Nagarajan

Also, Looking to move the hardware from HP PA RISC architecture to x86 using Linux. What is the equivalent of 4 Dual Core PA8900 processeors compared to the HP Machines especially DL-G Series.