Re: Wrong execution plan

From: Joerg Jost <joerg.jost_at_unitrade.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 17:12:56 +0200

Am Mittwoch, den 10.06.2009, 16:42 +0200 schrieb Frits Hoogland:
> Try to restore the 'wrong' situation and generate a CBO trace using
> event 10053. Although cryptic, that trace tells you how the CBO comes
> to the decision for choosing the bad plan. The reason for being wrong
> also tells you what you need to do to make it right.

Hi,

i wish i can. But the impact for the customer is catastrophic. As i stated before, there are 750 Users. And if i restore the situation, they are nearly unable to work with the system because of the massive I/O on this relative big table.

That is why we install tonight a new version of the procedure. In this new version, the statement will have a hint to the primary key.

Not really a fine solution, but it will help i think.

Thx

Jörg

--
You can have it: Fast, Right or Cheap, pick 2 of the 3.
Fast + Right is Expensive