RE: index doesn't contain duplicates

From: Powell, Mark D <>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 13:22:03 -0400

Yes, the full Oracle version would be nice plus the select with plan the produces the proper results and one that does not.

Things you can try:

Run analyze index validate
Run analyze table validate cascade (depending on results from above) Drop and re-create index

  • Mark D Powell -- Phone (313) 592-5148

[] On Behalf Of Josh Collier

	Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 12:11 PM
	Subject: index doesn't contain duplicates

	I have an table that has duplicate values for a column. I have a
non-unique index on this column. When I run a query that uses a fast full scan to retrieve the rows, it only retrieves one of the two rows. When I force a full tablescan both of the rows come back. I have used all my sql tricks to try my best to determine if the value has trailining or leading non-printable characters and it doesn't appear so. I have also moved the values into a varchar 11 field in another table, the value is 11 chars long. Both of the duplicate rows where accepted. Does anyone know of a bug or a reason why both of the rows wouldn't appear in the index?

        Thanks for your time,

        Josh C.