Fwd: index doesn't contain duplicates

From: Nigel Thomas <nigel.cl.thomas_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 17:29:45 +0100

(CC to list)

Josh

  • Does your query include ANY other predicates (other than WHERE columnX
    • 'nondup value')?
  • Do you get the right results if you use an index range scan (or full table scan)?
  • What index is being used for the FFS - what other columns are being used in the index? Are any of those columns nullable? Datatypes?
  • Are you absolutely sure that you are using the FFS?

Please post query, Oracle version, any patches applied, platform, etc etc (someone's bound to ask sooner or later, and it may be relevant if this is a bug), plus enough definition of the table, significant columns and indexes.

Regards Nigel