Re: Data Pump: Importing partitioned objects into target DB w/o partitioning

From: Uwe Küchler <uwe_at_kuechler.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 16:24:29 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Martin,

I took a glance at your nice solution - so your opinion is, that there's no way to solve this problem with data pump only? Looks like I'll have to file an enhancement request with Oracle, then.

Just to make the issue clearer (still hoping someone will pop up with a straightforward solution):

  • Production system runs on partitioned tables.
  • Test system runs with already unpartitioned tables and no partitioning option available.
  • Data Pump _Import_ halts when encountering a partitioned object and no partitioning option is available.
  • This renders the Dump File more or less unusable on any system without the partioning option.

Best regards to Bavaria,
Uwe

--
BTW, you might want to visit my (German) Oracle-Blog
http://oraculix.wordpress.com/