Re: RAC OCR/Voting Size

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 01:22:43 -0300

I don't think there is anything wrong with wasting the space... except the actual wasting the space thing. But as for performance/best practices it's preferrable.

Never forget that I come from a third world country, where customer pay for each GB of storage, so they refuse to waste even a single MB. I had a hard enough time explaining what OCR/Voting was so they'd approve the LUNs for them...and they were 100M LUNs... XD

However, OCFS2 or any clustered filesystem is a valid option (if it works) to store OCR/Voting.

hth
Alan Bort
Oracle Certified Professional