RE: RAC OCR/Voting Size

From: Matthew Zito <mzito_at_gridapp.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 18:32:44 -0400

Sorry to reply to my own email, but the other reason to get EMC involved is that EMC has a set of validated reference configurations that it will certify as platforms. One of those configuration groups is Oracle RAC. There are a specific set of configuration rules, cluster size requirements, versions, and even Symmetrix microcode levels that EMC will support, and woe betide those that fail to heed these things.

Given that you're having a problem, I'd ask your SAN admin to produce the validated configuration for AIX with their SAN, as well as opening a case. You can find such a thing in the several thousand page PDF EMC Certification Matrix, or you can just ask your EMC peoples.

Matt