RE: what package/procedure did SQL come from?

From: Bobak, Mark <>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 04:30:33 -0400

The amusing part is how I first learned of this X$.....

Years ago, in the days of 8i, I think, I found a script on MetaLink that would provide the name of the stored PL/SQL object, given a SQL statement. But, the script itself was wrapped PL/SQL. The ironic part was, the string 'X$KGLRD' was visible, even in the wrapped source. :-)

Once I noticed that, it didn't take too long for me to experiment a bit and figure out how to directly use this X$, so I no longer needed the wrapped PL/SQL. :-) So, in this case, at least, wrapping wasn't very effective... :-)

P.S. FYI, I just did a MetaLink search on x$kglrd, and got a couple of hits on a script that shows an example of how to join to x$kglob and x$kglcursor.