From: Joe Smith <>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 20:43:03 -0500

I have a user that when he drops a table it does not go into the recyclebin. I can see the segments this user created in user_segments and his table name in user_tables.

All other users can do this. I created a user, granted create session, create table, and a ts quota on USERS and he can drop the table and it goes into the recyclebin.

The parameters for the recyclebin are turned on and the hidden parameter is turned on ( i.e. _recyclebin= ).

The tablespaces are LMTs and this is Oracle EE

Why would this user not be able to drop a table and have it go into the recyclebin?

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.