Re: Guidelines for avoid Bind Variable Peeking behavior

From: <Sherrie.Kubis_at_swfwmd.state.fl.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 21:49:15 -0400

We had a very similar situation running 10.2.0.3 on HP-UX with ASMM enabled. It turned out our SGA was overly sized, and in this case, when the SGA was lowered, the problem went away. We were surmising that since Oracle thought it had a lot of room to work in, it didn't attempt to optimize. We worked on this for a few weeks, opened an iTar, and got nowhere. When we lowered the SGA to start tuning from the beginning again, it went away. This was the only change made.

Sherrie Kubis
Oracle DBA Supervisor
Information Resources Department
Application Systems Section
Southwest Florida Water Management District 352-796-7211 x4033
mailto:Sherrie.Kubis_at_watermatters.org http://www.watermatters.org

 =' Ô '=
Better train people and risk they leave - than do nothing and risk they stay.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: All E-mail sent to or from this address are public record and archived. The Southwest Florida Water Management District does not allow use of District equipment and E-mail facilities for non-District business purposes.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Jun 01 2009 - 20:49:15 CDT

Original text of this message